Monday, November 1, 2010

Deadly pom pom attacks runner

I wish I could say the dog who attacked me on my latest jaunt was a drooling hound who earns a crust from stunt-doubling on werewolf movies, but no, the beast who sent my blood racing (like it needed that after 17km!) and who induced a mildly suppressed girly shriek, was a pure bred feather duster. Had I squashed it underfoot it would have made a lovely fleecy insole. But judging from its rabid growl I would say it had better intentions of snacking the afternoon away on my dodgy fibula. Only seconds before the attack two little cherubs playing in their front yard yelled and waved at me...how sweet, I foolishly thought before waving back. But now I suspect they were overjoyed because a man running down the street with a ferocious feather duster in hot pursuit must have been real funny. Still, it knocked a few seconds off my time. I wonder if I could borrow the deadly hound to chase me up the mountain, and if a blizzard came in it would make a fetching, if not slightly bloodlustful beanie! 

0 comments: